Steve Huntoon, the principal in Energy Counsel, LLP, has more than 30 years’ experience in energy regulation, including many cutting-edge developments:
- One of the largest NERC reliability standard investigations since enactment of mandatory standards.
- $10 million generation interconnection dispute.
- Development, implementation and defense of PJM and New England capacity markets.
- Interlocking position compliance for dozens of individuals involving thousands of positions.
- First coastal wind project in the eastern U.S. (Atlantic City, NJ).
- First commercial wind project in the eastern U.S. (Hazelton, PA).
- Reliability standard policy development with major trade association.
- Development of RTOs and organized markets throughout the U.S.
- Start-up of retail electric marketer (PA).
- Start-up of retail gas marketer (MD and NJ).
- Regulation of LNG facilities.
- Restructuring of electric and gas utilities in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Restructuring of pipeline industry under FERC Order 636.
- Restructuring of electric utility industry under FERC Order 888.
- Defense of natural gas pipeline in take-or-pay proceedings.
- Federal cost allocation of nuclear power plant.